Make your home irresistible
You’ve overcome the biggest hurdle by deciding to sell your home and you’ve probably heard it a thousand times, but selling the process of selling your house can be stressful. Whilst you’re busy worrying about striving to get the best price possible for your home, the last thing you want to do is miss out on these simples tips to help you achieve just that.
The first thing you want to happen when someone comes to view your home is that you want them to instantly connect with your home that they will envision their family and lifestyle in. This isn’t down to luck; it’s about creating the right atmosphere and environment which makes your home irresistible for them.
Check out these 10 simple tips to sell your property:
1. Selling your home starts before they enter. Good landscaping or a pretty exterior can transform the feel of your home before they have even opened the front door.
2. Your front door is the focal point of your home when buyers are coming to visit. Make this as appealing as possible with tasteful colours, a dash of paint if needs be and some potted plants and nice lighting.
3. Your hallway creates the first impression of the interior of your house; make sure it is the right impression. Lighten up your hallway with neutral and pastel colours and move any bulky furniture out of the way.
4. The wrong lighting can make your house seem smaller and darker than it is. We appreciate that you might not be able to change the lighting, but open up any curtains or blinds to let the light in and make your home look cheerful and up to date.
5. Try and make each room appear as it is intended to be used. Make up your rooms, even if it has become a little bit of a storage room. Help the buyer to envision the potential of each room.
6. Keep bathrooms and your kitchen up to date. Make sure your bathrooms and kitchen are free of any bulky appliances. Consider refacing your kitchen and bathroom cabinets as this is much cheaper than installing new ones.
7. Declutter, declutter, declutter. Ask yourself if you really need that stuff on show and more importantly, ask yourself if your buyer needs to see it.
8. Pets. If you have pets, consider that your viewers may either love them, hate them or are allergic to them. Having a pet around can distract attention away from your home for the right or wrong reasons.
9. Your back garden sells your property just as much as your interior. Make sure your garden looks like it is a space for entertaining and let your viewers envision themselves there.
10. Keep your house clean. This might seem like an obvious one, but making sure your house is clean can help potential buyers to imagine themselves living in your home and they might not be able to do that if your house has things all over the worktops and floors.
For more information on how to sell your home confidently and quickly, contact us today.